Sumner College has been approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing to offer a Registered Nursing Program. Applications are now being accepted for the 2013 cohort that starts on February 27, 2013. There are only 24 seats available for 2013.
The Associate Degree in Registered Nursing program will be offered at the new second campus, located just off Airport Way in Cascade Station. The Practical Nursing program will be offered at both the Cascade Station and the main Barbur Campus.
The application, program information, as well as TEAS Test Information can found on the Sumner College Registered Nursing Page.
Here’s a sneak peak at the Cascade Station Campus that is set to open in February 2013.
Registered Nurse Program Information Session
Date: Friday, December 14th
Time: 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Location: Barbur Campus | 8909 SW Barbur Blvd., Suite 100
Due to limited seating, you MUST RSVP to RNAdmissions@SumnerCollege.edu
Please Review the Follow Items Before the Meeting:
1. Sumner College RN Program Information Packet
2. Sumner College FAQs
3. Sumner College Registered Nursing Program Application
Things to Know:
- The RN Program will only be offered at the new second location at Cascade Station.
- TEAS Testing will begin November 15th at the Barbur Campus. Refer to the application to schedule a time.
- We recommend purchasing a TEAS Test Study Manual, and devoting at least three weeks to studying.
- The study manual can be purchased from Sumner.
Seats are Limited, please click here to RSVP for the RN Info Session
We have received a lot of questions in the past few weeks, and we hope this information session will provide clarity about the program and selection process.
Topics That Will Be Covered:
- Introduction of: College President, Director of Education, RN Program Director, and Director of Admissions.
- Application & Selection Process
- TEAS Testing & Required Essays
- Transfer Credits
- Course Curriculum & Schedules
- Class hours & Travel Time
- Clinical Experiences
- Immunization & Background Checks
- Physical Requirements
- RN Student Success – what to expect & what we expect
8909 SW Babur Blvd. | #100 | Portland, OR 97219
View Larger Map
Please come prepared with questions. There will be 15 minutes for Q&A. Feel
free to submit your questions ahead of time to RNAdmissions@SumnerCollege.edu.
225 years ago on this day, 39 delegates signed the U.S. Constitution. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment of our ever day lives and forget how lucky we are to be living in a country that allows us to be who we want to be. The U.S. Constitution is the framework for how our government system works and the freedoms that we all enjoy. No matter what your political beliefs are, we must not forget what this document means and not take it for granted. To learn more about National Constitution Day: http://constitutioncenter.org/constitution-day/about-constitution-day. Want a refresher of each component of the U.S. Constitution visit: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html.