Sumner College High School Scholarship
The Sumner College High School Scholarship is for students who are interested in alternative options for beginning their academic career. Sumner College’s primary goal is to provide students with the relevant skills they need to gain a competitive edge in their chosen career field. This scholarship is offered to all high schools in Oregon and Southwest Washington. A maximum of four scholarships can be awarded to each school. Recipients of the award must enroll in the college and begin classes within six months to be eligible for the scholarship. The award amount ranges from $500 to $1000, depending on the program of interest.
- The applicant must be a high school senior graduating in or after June 2012.
- The applicant must be graduating from an accredited high school in Oregon or Southwest Washington (within 50 miles of the Sumner College campus).
- The applicant must submit a typed 500-word essay on why he or she is interested in a chosen career program and how this scholarship will help the student achieve his or her goal.
- The completed application and essay must be submitted to the Director of Admissions. Recipients will be contacted by mail if selected.
- Applications without essays will not be considered.
- Deadline: June 30th for fall term & December 31st for spring term.
Sumner College Grant (for current Sumner Students)
Sumner College recognizes current students who are inspired and motivated to earn a degree or diploma at Sumner College in the following programs:
- AAS Degree in Paralegal Studies
- AAS Degree in Court Reporting
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Paralegal Diploma
- Correctional Officer Diploma
The grant can only be applied towards tuition, fees, and associated costs while attending a program of study at Sumner College. The maximum award is $1000, which depends on the student’s unmet funding for tuition and associated costs with attending Sumner College.
- The applicant must be currently attending Sumner College full time.
- The applicant must have completed their first term of study at Sumner College with unmet financial need.
- The applicant must be in good academic standing (attendance, GPA & classroom participation) with Sumner College.
- The applicant must complete the Sumner College Grant application and submit a typed 500 to 1000 word essay explaining how the Sumner College Grant will help them achieve their personal, academic and career goals.
- The Grant is awarded once per quarter. The deadlines for submitting applications are: March 31 (Spring)| June 30 (Summer) | September 30 (Fall) | December 31 (Winter).
- Completed applications must be submitted to the Director of Admissions.
- Students that were not selected can re-apply for future consideration.
Applications for the Sumner College Grant are available at the Admissions Office or you can simply upload a PDF of the application from the website: Sumner College Grant Application