Your time is valuable, and we understand that not only is it important to provide a quality education, but ultimately it’s about you starting a new and rewarding career that you deserve. In conjunction with the Sumner College Student Services department, the Career Services department helps graduates with the entire job seeking process. While we do not and cannot guarantee you a job, we can assure you that we will utilize all available tools, techniques, and relationships to help you get on with your life and into your new career. We truly believe that our success is only as great as the success of our graduates.
Sumner Career Services Will Help You With:
- Finding part-time employment if you must work while attending Sumner College.
- Providing you the best available resources, and techniques to optimize success in your career search.
- Completing applications, developing your résumé, and writing cover letters.
- Preparing for interviews by conducting mock interviews and providing tips for professional appearance as well guidance for follow up and post interview procedures.
- Keeping you informed about local networking opportunities such as career and job fairs throughout the area.
- Collecting information on the most current and open positions in your career field. These career postings are emailed once a week to all Sumner College Students and Graduates.
- Information on part-time and temporary employment opportunities is also gathered and posted on the job-board located in the hallway by the President’s office.
- Providing you with exclusive career opportunities through established relationships with local employers and staffing agencies.
|PROGRAM||Job Placement Rate (Data includes all graduates of the program from 7/1/11 – 6/30/12):|
|Registered Nursing AAS Degree||New Program – No Data Available|
|Practical Nursing Diploma||92.4%|
|Paralegal Studies AAS Degree||100%|
|Paralegal Studies Diploma||71.4%|
|Court Reporting AAS Degree||New Program – No Data Available|
|Court Reporting Diploma||100%|
|Correctional Officer Diploma||83.3%|
Do you feel like you could use a refresher course on a few subjects? Sumner College welcomes you to sit in on class you’ve already taken. Contact the Director of Education to find out how: LLong@SumnerCollege.edu.