Now Hiring – Medical Assistant Instructor (Part Time)
Title: Medical Assistant Instructor (Part Time)
Supervisor: Medical Assistant Program Director
Job Summary for a Medical Assistant Instructor:
The Medical Assisting Instructor will teach classes for the medical assisting program. As an instructor you will assist in developing curriculum, grading examinations, answering student questions and training students to be the best in their career. Through support and coaching, the instructor will promote and direct successful student learning.
Requirements for a Medical Assistant Instructor:
- Associate Degree in Medical Assisting
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a medical assistant or five (5) years commensurate experience
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs, academic and/or vocational criteria
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a strong understanding of topics to be taught and prepare well for lectures.
- Creates a learning environment that encourages student involvement and participation
- Participates in and contributes to curriculum development by planning, developing, and evaluating new and existing courses and curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Integrates a variety of instructional techniques and enhancements, consistent with the physical resources of the teaching site, to reflect student needs/capabilities, and learning preferences
- Prepares class sessions and assignments to help students grasp course content and how it integrates with overall student learning outcomes for the course
- Teaches courses according to the syllabi descriptions and in accordance with defined course standards and outcomes
- Documents students attendance, participation, and academic progress by giving and grading assignments, projects, quizzes and/or examinations that lead to a final grade, including feedback
- Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the school
- Continued professional development and certification requirements
- Performs other responsibilities requested by supervisor when requested