Join Our Team as an Assistant Registrar!
Are you ready to be among the friendly faces and helpful voices that our students and visitors encounter at Sumner College? We’re on the lookout for an Assistant Registrar to join our dynamic team. You’ll play a vital role in ensuring our students receive the support they need when it comes to registration, schedules, grades and records.
At Sumner College, we’re more than just a place of education. We’re a close-knit community dedicated to the success of our students and the advancement of nursing education. Join our team and become a vital part of this mission, supporting students on their journey to success.
If you’re a detail-oriented, multitasking champion with a passion for delivering top-notch customer service, we want you on our team! Apply now and be part of the Sumner College family committed to empowering students and fostering excellence in nursing education.
Ready to make a positive impact? Apply today!
Title: Assistant Registrar
The assistant registrar is responsible for the delivery of student schedules at the beginning of each academic term. The assistant registrar is also responsible for the archiving and retrieval of all academic records as well as for processing transcript requests and diplomas. Additionally, the assistant registrar is responsible for the security, privacy and protection of student records and grade information as required by law. The assistant registrar is directly responsible to and works at the direction of the Registrar.
Sumner College does not require employees to have a COVID 19 vaccine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enroll students into SIS and Canvas
- Process student immigration letters
- Update and maintain student transcripts
- Process transcript requests
- Send graduate paperwork and official transcripts to the correct State board of Nursing for testing and licensure
- Process and ensure accuracy of diploma and transcripts and send to students upon graduation
- Ensure all transfer credits are evaluated and reviewed by the Registrar
- Uploaded Transfer Credit Evaluation and official transcripts into the SIS
- Complete all education verifications
- Oversight of student attendance
- Ensure graduation lists are completed
- Respond to student questions as needed
- Participate in new student orientation
- Assist with graduations
- Assist with creation of schedule each term
- Responsible for creation of Student Change Forms and sending to appropriate parties
- Additional duties that may be required by the Registrar
- Ability to work with multiple college departments
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
We value our team members and offer the following benefits:
401(k): We support your financial future with a 401(k) plan and 5% employer match
Dental Insurance: Ensure your dental health with our comprehensive insurance coverage.
Health Insurance: Stay in the best of health with our health insurance options.
Life Insurance: We provide life insurance coverage for peace of mind.
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays: Enjoy the flexibility to take time off and recharge.
8-hour Shifts: This position follows an 8-hour shift schedule.
Monday to Friday: Your workdays will be from Monday to Friday.
Location: In-Person: This position requires your physical presence at our location.
Portland, OR 97220: You should be able to reliably commute to or plan to relocate to this location before starting work. (Preferred)
We look forward to receiving your application and considering you for this important role within our team at Sumner College. If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity, we encourage you to apply!
Send your resume to email@example.com