Accreditation and Compliance Officer
Title: Accreditation and Compliance Officer
Supervisor: President of Sumner College
Sumner College has been educating leaders in workforce for almost 50 years in the Portland metro area. Join a team that is passionate about educating future healthcare professionals by providing a foundation built on integrity, competency, and collaboration. Our programs offerings include BSN, Associate RN, LPN, and Medical Assisting. The college is currently searching for an individual to join our dynamic team as we continue to grow the college.
The Accreditation & Compliance Officer is the primary resource person for all accreditation matters. Working closely with the President, this position is responsible for developing and completing regulatory and accreditation reports at the programmatic, state, national, and federal level.
Experience with ABHES Accreditation preferred
Assisting with compliance in, preparation for, and follow up responses to all the agencies that license, accredit, or certify this school;
- Office of Degree Authorization, Higher Education Coordinating Committee
- Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN)
- Washington Nursing Commission
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- Department of Education (DoE)
- State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)
State and programmatic quarterly surveys, renewal application, new program applications, and Self Evaluation Reports (SER).
Assisting in the submission of the ABHES Annual Completion and Placement report, and the Annual ODA (Office of Degree Authorization) report.
Collaborates with administrators, managers, and faculty to assist with and coordinate regulatory compliance efforts, continuous survey readiness, annual surveys, survey preparation and nursing renewals.
Ensures that all areas of vulnerability related to licensing, certification, and accreditation are identified and dealt with. When coordinating plans for improvement, works with appropriate individuals and/or teams.
Other duties may be assigned by the President of Sumner College.
The position requires the individual to be flexible and able to work well under pressure
Bachelor’s degree preferred (but not required)
5 years of experience in accreditation (will consider less experience if well knowledge on the topic)
- Strong written, verbal and listening skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to read regulations and accreditation standards
- Ability to work with varying levels of leadership
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams)
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- On call
- Do you have experience dealing with ABHES Accreditation?
- Do you have experience working in a college or school?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Accreditation: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote