Did you know that Sumner College offers Scholarships?
Sumner Scholarships – Over $30,000 awarded in 2018
Sumner College High School Scholarship
The Sumner College High School Scholarship is for students who are interested in alternative options for beginning their academic career. Sumner College’s primary goal is to provide students with the relevant skills they need to gain a competitive edge in their chosen career field. This scholarship is offered to all high schools in Oregon and Southwest Washington. A maximum of four scholarships can be awarded to each school. Recipients of the award must enroll in the college and begin classes within six months to be eligible for the scholarship. The award amount ranges from $500 to $1000, depending on the program of interest.
- The applicant must be a high school senior graduating in or after June 2019.
- The applicant must be graduating from an accredited high school in Oregon or Southwest Washington (within 50 miles of the Sumner College campus).
- The applicant must submit a typed 500-word essay on why he or she is interested in a chosen career program and how this scholarship will help the student achieve his or her goal.
- The completed application and essay must be submitted to the Executive Assistant to the President. Recipients will be contacted by mail if selected.
- Applications without essays will not be considered.
- Deadline: June 30th for fall term & December 31st for spring term.
Applications for the Sumner College High School Scholarship are available at the Admissions Office or you can simply upload a PDF of the application from the website: Sumner College High School Scholarship Application
Sumner College Scholarship – (For Current Sumner Students)
Sumner College recognizes current students who are inspired and motivated to earn a degree or diploma at Sumner College in the following programs:
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
The scholarship can only be applied towards tuition, fees, and associated costs while attending a program of study at Sumner College. The maximum award is $1000 for PN and ADN and $500 for Medical Assisting which depends on the student’s unmet funding for tuition and associated costs with attending Sumner College.
- The applicant must be currently attending Sumner College full time.
- The applicant must have completed their first term of study at Sumner College with unmet financial need.
- The applicant must be in good academic standing (attendance, GPA & classroom participation) with Sumner College.
- The applicant must complete the Sumner College Scholarship application and submit a typed 500 to 1000 word essay explaining how the Sumner College Scholarship will help them achieve their personal, academic and career goals.
- The scholarship is awarded once per quarter. The deadlines for submitting applications are: March 31 (Spring)| June 30 (Summer) | September 30 (Fall) | December 31 (Winter).
- Completed applications must be submitted to Admissions.
- Students that were not selected can re-apply for future consideration.
Applications for the Sumner College Scholarship are available at the Admissions Office or you can simply upload a PDF of the application from the website: Sumner College Scholarship Application
Send completed applications to:
Attn: Sumner College Scholarship
8338 NE Alderwood Road, Suite #100, Portland, OR 97220
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Include Subject line: SCHOLARSHIP
Northwest Career College Federation Self Starter Scholarship Program
The Self-Starter Scholarship Program is for individuals that have worked hard to obtain a high school equivalency diploma (also known as a GED) and are ready to move on obtaining an education at one of the participating private career colleges. You must apply and be accepted for enrollment, provide proof of a GED or HSE diploma and commence study. Self-Starter scholarships are tuition assistance offered up to $500.
To apply, go to www.nwcareercolleges.org/scholarships and complete the online application. If you’re accepted at one of the participating NWCCF member colleges, your tuition will be credited with the amount of the scholarship in equal payments during the first academic year or at the mid-and final point of your training, whichever is later.